The Optoma HD27HDR is a popular home theater projector with a range of features that cater to movie enthusiasts and casual users alike. In this review, we will take a closer look at its key features, discuss its pros and cons, and help you decide if it’s the right projector for you.
Design and Build Quality
The Optoma HD27HDR features a sleek and compact design, making it an attractive addition to any home theater setup. The projector is primarily white, with black accents and a sturdy build. It measures 12.4 x 9.7 x 4.3 inches and weighs 6.75 pounds, making it relatively easy to move around and position in your desired location.
Brightness and Contrast
One of the standout features of the Optoma HD27HDR is its brightness. With a 3,400 ANSI lumens rating, the projector is capable of delivering bright and vivid images even in rooms with ambient light. This is particularly useful for daytime viewing or when you don’t have complete control over the lighting conditions in your environment.
The projector also boasts a high contrast ratio of 50,000:1, ensuring deep black levels and excellent shadow detail. This means that you’ll be able to see subtle nuances in darker scenes, and the overall image quality will be more immersive and engaging.
Resolution and Image Quality
The Optoma HD27HDR supports Full HD 1080p resolution, ensuring a high level of detail and clarity in your projected images. While it isn’t a native 4K projector, it does accept 4K HDR input, allowing you to enjoy a higher dynamic range and richer colors when projecting 4K video.
Color accuracy is another strong point of the Optoma HD27HDR, with the projector offering accurate and vibrant colors that bring your favorite movies and TV shows to life. The projector also features several image enhancement technologies, such as Optoma’s Dynamic Black and PureMotion, which help to improve the overall image quality even further.
The Optoma HD27HDR offers a range of connectivity options, ensuring that you can easily connect it to a variety of devices. It features two HDMI inputs (one of which supports HDCP 2.2 and MHL), a USB power output, a 3.5mm audio output, and a 12V trigger. This means that you can connect it to sources like Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, phones, and streaming devices with ease.
Pros of the Optoma HD27HDR
- Brightness and Contrast: The 3,400 ANSI lumens and 50,000:1 contrast ratio make for a bright and immersive viewing experience, even in rooms with ambient light.
- 1080p resolution with 4K HDR input support: While not a native 4K projector, the Optoma HD27HDR offers Full HD resolution and support for 4K HDR input, providing a high-quality image with rich colors and high dynamic range.
- Flexible connectivity options: The range of connectivity options available on the projector ensures compatibility with a variety of devices and makes setup easy.
- Long lamp life and Eco mode: The projector has a long lamp life of up to 15,000 hours, and its Eco mode helps to save energy and prolong lamp life even further.
- Affordable price point: The Optoma HD27HDR is an excellent value for the features and performance it offers.
Cons of the Optoma HD27HDR
- Lack of advanced features: The projector does not offer lens shift or keystone correction, which may limit its placement options for some users.
- No built-in high-quality audio: The built-in 10W speaker is adequate for casual use, but users looking for a more immersive audio experience will need to invest in an external sound speaker.
- Fan noise: Some users may find the fan noise of the Optoma HD27HDR to be noticeable, particularly in quiet scenes or when using the projector in a small room.
- Limited 3D support: While the projector does support 3D, it is limited to 1080p resolution and requires the purchase of additional 3D glasses and a compatible 3D source.
Who Should Buy Optoma HD27HDR?
The Optoma HD27HDR is an excellent choice for movie enthusiasts and casual users who are looking for an affordable yet high-quality home theater projector. With its bright and vivid image, support for Full HD and 4K HDR content, and flexible connectivity options, the projector offers an immersive viewing experience that will enhance your favorite movies, TV shows, and games. This projector is also suitable for those who need a portable option for presentations or events, given its relatively compact size and easy setup process.
Who Shouldn’t Buy Optoma HD27HDR?
The Optoma HD27HDR may not be the best choice for users who require advanced features such as lens shift or keystone correction, as these are not offered on this model. Additionally, those looking for a native 4K projector or more advanced 3D capabilities may want to consider other options.
If fan noise is a major concern, you may want to explore projectors with quieter operation. Lastly, users who prioritize high-quality audio and do not already have an external sound system may want to look for a projector with built-in, high-quality audio capabilities.
The Optoma HD27HDR is a solid choice for users seeking a high-quality, affordable home theater projector with an impressive image and versatile connectivity options. While it may not be the best fit for everyone, particularly those seeking advanced features or a native 4K projector, it offers a great balance of performance and value for most users.
Overall, the Optoma HD27HDR is a reliable and feature-rich projector that delivers an immersive viewing experience without breaking the bank.