As an Amazon Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases you might make if you click any of the links on this page.
The Optoma ProScene ZU720T is a mid-range laser projector with a unique feature: a built-in Android computer. With the ability to connect with nearby devices and display content from its own apps and built-in browser, the ZU720T represents a significant step forward in business and education projectors.
Innovative Android Capabilities
Optoma has successfully integrated a capable Android computer into the ProScene ZU720T, creating a self-sufficient projector perfect for business and education environments. The projector’s home page allows users to easily access apps, settings, or input sources. The built-in web browser can also handle various websites, making it a versatile tool for presentations and educational purposes.
Optoma’s TapCast Pro software enables the ZU720T to connect with laptops, phones, speakers, or tablets to mirror their screens. TapCast apps allow users to display photos, documents, videos, and live camera feeds. In addition, the Desktop and Remote functions enable seamless control of the projector’s output using a connected device.
Low Maintenance and Longevity
The Optoma ZU720T’s DuraCore laser design eliminates the need for lamp replacements, saving time and money. With a rated light engine life of 20,000 hours (or 30,000 hours at reduced brightness), this projector offers more than 15 years of usage, assuming 8 hours a day and 200 days a year.
Impressive Image Quality and Performance
The ZU720T delivers exceptional image quality thanks to its ability to project the full Rec.709 spectrum of colors. With over 7,500 lumens of brightness and a contrast ratio that can be boosted up to 1,000,000:1 with Dynamic Black, the projector is well-suited for various environments, such as conference rooms, lecture halls, and houses of worship.
Flexible Installation and Connectivity
The ZU720T’s 1.8x optical zoom and motorized lens shift offer flexibility for various installation scenarios. The projector also provides various connectivity options, including HDMI, HDBaseT, and VGA ports, ensuring compatibility with multiple devices.
Drawbacks and Limitations
Despite its many advantages, the Optoma ZU720T has some limitations. The lack of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity may deter some users who prioritize wireless connections. Additionally, the single-chip DLP technology results in a lower color brightness measurement, which may not be suitable for those seeking higher color brightness levels.
- Built-in Android computer for self-sufficiency
- Low maintenance and long-lasting DuraCore laser design
- Impressive image quality
- Extremely High Brightness
- Flexible installation and connectivity options
- Advanced cooling system for quiet operation
- No Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity
- Lower color brightness compared to some competitors
- Manual focus and zoom control rings are too close together
Who Should Buy Optoma ZU720T?
Optoma ZU720T is ideal for professional or educational environments should consider the Optoma ZU720T with its low-maintenance. With its built-in Android computer, impressive image quality, and easy installation options, it caters to a wide range of users’ needs. Additionally the projector is especially suitable for those who require a self-sufficient device capable of displaying content from various sources without needing to connect to a computer.
Who Shouldn’t Buy Optoma ZU720T?
Users who prioritize wireless connectivity should look for another projector since the Optoma ZU720T lacks Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Additionally, if higher color brightness is a priority, the single-chip DLP technology of the ZU720T may not meet those expectations. Finally, home theater enthusiasts may also find the Optoma ZU720T less appealing since it’s quite expensive for home use and the projector is primarily designed for professional and educational environments.
The Optoma ProScene ZU720T is a remarkable laser projector that offers a unique combination of features, making it an excellent choice for business and education use. Its built-in Android computer, low maintenance, and impressive image quality stand out.
The Optoma ZU720T is best suited for those who value self-sufficiency, flexibility, and low maintenance in a projector. At the same time, it may not be the ideal choice for users prioritizing wireless connections and higher color brightness.
In conclusion, the Optoma ZU720T presents itself as a solid investment for professional and educational environments, thanks to its innovative features and excellent performance.
Key Features of the Optoma ZU720T Projector:
Built-in Android computer: Allows for a self-sufficient projector that can play videos, connect to the web, and use apps without needing an external computer.
- High brightness: Delivers over 7,500 lumens, providing bright and vibrant images even in well-lit rooms.
- DuraCore laser technology: Offers a long-lasting light engine rated to last 20,000 hours or more, resulting in lower maintenance costs and no need for lamp replacements.
- WUXGA (1920×1200) resolution: Delivers clear and detailed images for various professional and educational settings.
- Integrated, non-detachable lens: Features a 1.8x zoom for flexibility in different installation scenarios, although it limits lens-swapping options.
- Advanced cooling system: Uses heat pipe design for efficient cooling, allowing for quieter operation and 24/7 usage.
- Sealed optical and imaging components: Comes with an IP5X dust intrusion rating, ensuring durability and reliability.
- Versatile connectivity options: Offers HDMI, HDBaseT, VGA, and LAN ports for connecting various sources and control systems.
- TapCast Pro software: Enables screen mirroring from laptops, phones, or tablets for easy sharing and collaboration.
- Image warping and edge-blending capabilities: Useful for projecting images onto curved surfaces or combining the output of multiple projectors.
- 3D programming support: Allows for an immersive 3D viewing experience with compatible content and glasses.
- Comprehensive image adjustments: Offers customizable display modes, color management, and advanced controls for fine-tuning image quality.