As an Amazon Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases you might make if you click any of the links on this page.
NEC has been producing outstanding projectors for long. But just like all other things, let alone projectors, it also has a set period for use. Lamp life is the duration for which your projector gives a bright display, but after that, you will have to replace the lamp.
When it comes to NEC projector lamps, the projector has a lamp timer that shows you how much time is left before a replacement. Resetting your projector lamp is essential when replacing it. If you have misplaced your remote, you might be nervous about how to reset the NEC projector lamp without a remote.
However, the process is very simple. This is an easy-to-follow guide on how to reset the NEC projector lamp without a remote. There are also some additional steps you can take to utilize your lamp life to the full potential.
Guide On How To Reset NEC Projector Lamp Without Remote
Depending on your model, there can be two methods of resetting the NEC projector lamp without a remote.
- First, press the “menu” button on your projector. This opens up the menu on the screen.
- Using the “select” button on your projector, move down the options until you reach
“default”, and click on enter. This takes you to another menu.
- You will find a “clear lamp hours” option here. Scroll down to it, and click on enter. That is it, your lamp is reset.
2- Lamp settings method
- You need to go to the main menu for this too.
- You will find a “lamp settings” option. Click on it, and you will see another menu.
- There will be a “lamp reset” or a simple “reset” option. Move down to it and press enter.
Tips On Increasing The Lamp Life Of NEC Projector
There are several practices that may help you in elongating your lamp life. The NEC projectors turn off themselves once you exceed the lamp life.
Therefore, it is recommended that you change your lamp before exceeding the limit. However, if you follow these simple tips you can enjoy full brightness for a longer time.
- Using your projector in Eco-mode greatly increases the lamp life. For example, if you have a lamp life of 1500 hours on standard settings, you will have 2500 hours on Eco-mode.
- If you live in a humid, dusty area make sure you clean your filters regularly.
- Do not let your projector heat too much. NEC projectors have an efficient cooling system, but you should also take care by placing it in a cool, airy place.
Like every other electrical device, projectors need maintenance. NEC projectors are durable and with timely and proper care you can expect them to last a lifetime. Lamps and lamp life are the two most important factors when it comes to maintenance.
It is a good idea not to wait for the lamp hours to end completely before replacing the bulb. It does not matter even if you have lost your remote, you can easily learn how to reset the NEC projector lamp without a remote.